Saturday, December 27, 2014

ARC Review of Mr. Kiss and Tell/Veronica Mars 2.

Mr. Kiss and Tell By Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham

Stars: 5 
Source: Netgalley 
Release Date: January 20th 2015 

"Mr. Kiss and Tell" takes place six months after "The Thousand Dollar Tan Line", Veronica is still in Neptune and more settled than she was when we last left her. While her Dad and Weevil work to take down Sheriff Lamb and his corrupt department Veronica finds herself in the middle of a case she just can't seem to get any leads on. 

The Neptune Grand has hired Veronica to prove or (hopefully) disprove a young woman's claim that she was beaten, raped and strangled in their hotel by one of their employees. The only thing is the assault happened months ago, the victim has a fuzzy memory at best and the accused assailant was deported back to Mexico right before the victim identified him. On top of all that the victim won't reveal the name of her long time boyfriend who she was suppose to meet that night. 

It's complicated enough without adding in the fact that Veronica has a history with the victim. 

Reading "Mr. Kiss and Tell" was like binge watching 8 episodes of Veronica Mars. Rob Thomas know's no bounds when it comes to Veronica and the characters that surround her. 

He never leaves a stone unturned or a loose end. All the details are immaculate and with each page it gets better and better. 

As I read I could see each character, their mannerisms the way they walk, talk, eat. All down to the tiniest details of how they raise their eyebrows or smirk when no one's watching. 

I love how it's never just a random victim, a nameless, faceless nobody who wanders in off the street. There is always a connection, the past colliding head on with the present and future at unstoppable speeds. 

And then, of course, there's Logan. 

LoVe. 

Epic. 

Logan Echolls. 

Don't get me wrong, I love all the other characters, Mac, Wallace, Weevil, Leo. But if you're a marshmallow, like me, you're heart longs for those Logan and Veronica scenes. This book will not disappoint you on that front. 

Hell who am I kidding? It won't disappoint you at all. It's classic Veronica and everyone knows you don't fix what isn't broken. 

From her witty comments to her puppy dog eyes and her fiery temper, Veronica Mars is so much more than a character. Whether on the big screen or in print you're instantly sucked into her world and when the credits roll or the last sentence is read you find yourself begging for more. 

That is exactly what I find myself doing right now, it's weeks before the release date of "Mr. Kiss and Tell" and I'm already trying to find out when I can get my hands on the third installment. 

It's crazy I know, "Then again, you ever hear the one about the junkie who was satisfied with just one more taste of the good stuff? Neither have I." 

Until next time, 
Ginger


In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment